Thursday, November 11, 2010

Girlfriends

I cannot tell you how literally starved I've been for good friends.  I didn't realize how much, though, until I've once again developed a good, strong circle of girlfriends.  I had some friends like that in Taiwan, and I miss those friends terribly, but since coming back to the States, I've been so busy that it's been hard to really develop friendships beyond working relationships.  Stacy was the first friend, and we have so much in common it's actually scary.  She's an uplifter and such a good and kind person.  I love her dearly. 

There's something about being around strong, intelligent and passionate women that makes you just want to be and do better.  My colleagues are like that.  They all love what they do, they share their passion with others and make it a joy to work with them.  And there's competition, but it's a healthy competition.  The kind that keeps us improving.  We're truly happy, however, when the other is successful.  We've developed a strong circle, this group.  We challenge each other, we laugh, we're accepting, and we instinctively know when each other needs prayer, support or encouragement.  I am truly blessed to work with such a wonderfully caring group of women. 

Janene, I'm so proud!  You truly killed it today!

No comments: