Friday, September 10, 2010

Thoughts on the New School Year

I hate morning duty.  It's a little much to ask of someone to be that cheerful that early.

I hate morning duty in the rain.  That was two days ago.  I was wet all day.

I love having glorious, uninterrupted time to work in my room.

I love goofy teachers.

I love seeing good people being good at what they do.

I must keep a change of clothes at school.  For those rainy morning duty days.

I need a bigger umbrella.  Three kids getting out of a car at once cannot be covered by my little umbrella.

I love that our school has grandparent's day.

I love that tons of grandparents come to grandparent's day.

There are, in some cases, complete and justifiable reasons for the use of ritalin.

I love finding what kids are good at.  That "I just did that" look is priceless.

Some meetings really are useless and a waste of time.

Sometimes we get to see courage in the rawest sense of the word, and it is inspiring.

No comments: