Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter

As Christians, Easter holds a significant place in what we believe, and is even more important than Christmas, in my opinion. Not only did Christ come to earth and dwell among us, feeling all of the same feelings we feel, and tempted the same way we are, yet without sin, he also died and rose again on the third day. This is THE cause for celebration for Christianity as a whole.

I love that I was able to celebrate this holiday with family and extended family. I'm extremely blessed that most of my family is of the same belief. It makes these holidays, and celebrating them together, memorable. These are memories that bind us as family members, and I enjoy every minute of it.

Today, as we gathered after church, and prayed together, ate together and played together, I was reminded how blessed I am.

Happy Easter, everyone!

No comments: