Thursday, January 03, 2008

Coffee-time Contemplation


While I haven't had time really to sit and contemplate this new year as I've always done in the past (because of hectic things at work along with some medical issues that aren't hugely serious but enough to keep our attention), I still found myself looking ahead a little bit. This year won't settle, really. There are big things coming down the pike. Our oldest child and only daughter, Emily, will be graduating this year, as well as our first real stateside time, we are looking at quite a few transitions. Anyone who knows me knows that moving is my least favorite thing on the planet, because no matter how well I plan (cough, cough), there are always those last-minute items that mean rushing around for a few days. I hate that part of it. In anticipation, we are getting rid of as much stuff as possible, so that there will be a minimal amount of items in storage. I also hate traveling. Funny, especially when you consider my job description. Once I am on the plane or in the car I'm fine, but it's the running around and hectic-ness beforehand that stresses me out.
Once we get to the states, it will be nice to settle in for awhile. We haven't lived a full year in the states since 1999, so it will be nice to have that next year. It will also be SO nice to be around family during ALL of the holidays. Our family has had fun and quite a few adventures with friends over here, but it will be nice to hang out with and have fun with some kinfolk.
All of that to say that we are happily looking forward to changes this next year. There are some good things coming, and some of the changes will be tough, but I wouldn't want it any other way. Changes are good when they are about growth and improvement, and I know that God has plans for us that He is preparing us for even as I write this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are soooo looking forward to having the Hughes close enough to drive and see. Yes, we're happily looking forward to that change!!! Enjoyed your post.

Mom

23 degrees said...

Looks like a fun year. Graduating child, eh? We have just a few years before that happens. Are you ready for it, is she going to college state-side?

It's been a while since you have been back to the US. What is the hardest part to get used to?

I read on an earlier post you are from West Covina! Wouldn't have been a part of Calvary Chapel or have heard of Raul Reese?

Blessings to you and your family in this new year, Stacy.