Sunday, December 12, 2010

2010 Reflection

I took some time yesterday to look back on my blog entries for the year.  It's one of the reasons I like to blog because it's a good reminder of the year and the events that took place, my thoughts on matters, etc.  This year, I think, has been the most amazing for me personally since we've been able to build roots as a family.  Having a good solid group of friends who challenge me yet hold me accountable yet laugh and joke and get nutty is such a blessing.  I also am enjoying building my professional reputation.  Pushing myself out of my comfort zone to train fellow teachers is very exciting for me.  I've had some personal victories as well.

I've set some pretty strong boundaries recently in a relationship with which I've struggled for quite some time, and I've also released them from the past as well.  Forgiveness does that.  I know that God knows all of our hearts and motives, and that gives me much more comfort than even forgiveness does.  But releasing someone from the wrongs they've committed is very freeing.  The neat thing, though, is that as soon as that happened, a completely similar situation at work presented itself and I was able to pass on what I learned.  It was just a little reminder that it's not just about me.

My kids have continued to impress me.  I continually tell them I have no idea how they turned out so good.  They are good kids, not just in front of T and me, but away from us as well.  Others inform us on a regular basis about how they act around them and their kids, and they are consistent.  It's something I've prayed specifically for in their growth:  that they would be genuine and not grow up living one way in front of adults and another in front of their peers.  It looks like God is answering that prayer.  I also love that they choose good friends.

I am happy about being close to family and being able to see my side of the family more often, but it is at the expense of seeing the Florida side.  We got some visitors this year:  my nephew and my father-in-law.  It was so fun having them here, showing them around town, hanging out, working like a dog...lol!  I thoroughly enjoyed having them visit, and I hope more come later.  I miss Florida and my friends there, but it's fun sharing this part of our lives with them as well.

This year has represented a lot of stretching and growing.  Even though I've gone through a lot this year, I also find myself in a comfortable and content place.  It makes giving to others that much easier.  I'm thankful for my friends, for the way God has provided for our family, for the way He has worked in my life and has guided me this year and I'm anxious to see what next year has to bring.  I know I'll be blogging about it.

No comments: