Friday, September 03, 2010

RSA Animate - The Secret Powers of Time


You know, there are so many things that make us unique.  I've always focused on the micro:  birth order, personality type, learning style, education and personal choices are all things that factor in to making us each unique from every other person on the planet.  But this video focuses on the macro:  perception of time.  I find it fascinating that we can be so different from others in the way we think of time, and that Protestants are forward thinking.  It all worked together to make sense to me.  I plan on reading "The Geography of Time" by Robert Levine.  I'm developing a theory right now that maybe this is at the core of why so many object so passionately against President Obama.  He is making decisions that are not forward thinking, and it is going against the very core of Protestant perceptions of time.  We'll see how it goes after I read the book.

No comments: