Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Once Upon a Time

Craver put a meme out there for anyone to take part in, and this one sounded good. We are to think back to what we were doing 30 years ago, 20 years ago and 10 years ago. I like that. Here's mine.

30 years ago I was 12 and in the 7th grade (I think). It was a rough year. Middle school is rough anyway. My future sister-in-law came to my rescue and allowed me to hang around her during recess so that I wouldn't be tormented anymore by another middle schooler. Funny that's what I remember. Maybe that's because I'm working closely with middle schoolers now. I'm sure we were getting ready for one of those Ledbetter Thanksgivings, with lots of yelling at the TV while watching football, our own football game later, and I was probably following Aunt Teri, Michelle and Leigh Anne (cousins) around like a puppy!

20 years ago I was 22 and working 3 jobs while going to college full time. I'm sure I was wishing I was home for Thanksgiving. I can't recall what I did then. It's a blur!

10 years ago Big Dad and I were in the throws of parenthood. Nathaniel was on a prairie riding a mule (wasn't born yet) and the others were young, crawling, walking, climbing, and leaving Legos all over the place.

Wow. It's kind of fun looking at things like that. I tag Leigh Anne , my new blogger cuz and Colleen, because she never posts anything!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting meme. I would have to think about that one for a while. But I might just do it if I can figure out a picture that works.

Craver Vii said...

You copied my age... that's cheating.
;-)