Tuesday, October 02, 2007

The Dentist

Going to the dentist is such a strange experience. I've never been comfortable with it. No matter what they do to a dentist's chair or room, it's not going to make anyone feel at ease. There are weird gadgets and scary looking and sounding tools that just make people cringe.

Then there are the strange sensations to deal with. Mr. Thirsty hanging on your cheek is just weird, then when they stick the suction in your mouth and accidentally hit your lip or tongue....how are you supposed to handle that gracefully? And speaking of the tongue, what are you supposed to do with it? I just try to keep it out of the way, but I'm sure it looks weird. Then there's your eyes. Do you stare at the ceiling or close them? I'm afraid I'm not trusting enough to close them.

Well, anyway, here's my tribute to dentists. Enjoy.

4 comments:

Craver Vii said...

Last year, my wife visited a new dentist. She was very scared and nervous. The assistant acknowledged her fears, held her hand, and asked if she could pray for her. How nice.

Lifelong Learner said...

That is almost unheard of these days, isn't it? I'm sad that I was amazed!

Anonymous said...

Well, thanks for a good belly laugh today. Dad and I loved the video.

Lots and lots!
Mom

Anna said...

I HATE DENTISTS.

:)