Saturday, September 19, 2009

It's feeling a little like Fall

The weather is beginning to cool, the pumpkins are coming out at the stores, and the halloween decorations are making an appearance as well.

It's Fall. Or close to it. And I love it.

I'm not sure why this season appeals to me so much. I enjoy the rich colors of the season, the break from the weather, the busy-ness of life. It's the season of baseball, of school routines, of holidays and celebrations. It's about family and extended family coming together, an excuse to see each other after so many months or even years apart. It's about food, sharing recipes, talking and playing games around the table.... it's the thing that makes me just take in a breath and sigh.

I feel content during this time of year. Happy with how things are going in our lives.

Enjoy your Close-to-Fall day. I'm off to watch some baseball games.

No comments: