Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Encouragers

You know, over the past 10 years or so, I've been around a lot of negativity. I really didn't think I was a person who got swept up in my surroundings, but I'm finding now, with a little 20/20 hindsight, that I am. Not to the point of letting things ruin my days too much, but more along the lines of allowing negativity to steal some moments. I've been in a situation where there has been a ton of competitiveness, and people wanting to take my husband and my ministry down or see it fail...for various reasons. You would think it would be the opposite, since we were working to bring the Gospel to a place that had never heard it before, but opposition is strong, and Satan had plenty to work with in terms of natural man: ambition, jealousy, envy, strife.

But there have been a few who have been encouragers. People who knew that we, as a family, were doing a very tough thing, and were there for us with encouraging words and actions. I've looked back over some letters and emails over the past 10 years, and I have to say that the people who were encouraging then are still encouraging now. It's their spiritual gift, I think. When they see a good job, they say it. When they sense a down moment or time, they send their "atta boy's" our way. They just always had a sense of how we were doing, when we might have a particularly difficult time (holidays and such) and made sure we knew they were thinking of us.

I am extremely grateful for all of my/our encouragers....or Barnabases. :) We have been lucky to have so many in our lives, and I just want you all to know you've been used of God when you have let us know you care. He knew what we needed and when, and you listened.

Thank you!

No comments: